Tired and Bitchy II
God be praised! Germain, I'm in your debt. Extending that deadline has saved my life, at least temporarily - thank you for letting us know ahead of time.
So, this guy is really tired right now on account of he can't seem to sleep at night anymore. You ever go through those spells during which you wake up every hour on the hour at night for no apparent reason for a couple of weeks? I'm totally on auto-pilot right now and should be grading papers, but hell, I could just write about whatever nonsense comes to mind. I win.
Although, nothing is coming to mind right now. Maybe if I just keep typing and typing and typing...
And still nothing. Let me try again...
Well, after several half-assed ideas, I'm settling on an overplayed topic, though it's new territory for me: bitching about my administrators. The principal is the awesomest man in town, but isn't really much of a hands-on sort of guy, so even though he's one of very few colleagues worth talking to, he doesn't really do much for me. This is understandable I suppose, but that means I have to deal with one of the three vice principals. One of them is the hardest working but most robotic man alive. Sure he's buying me new textbooks, but I feel like his neural network overloads whenever I come to him with a discipline problem or really anything that doesn't have to do with textbooks. One of them is the greatest help when it comes to support and discipline, but she treats me so very, very condescendingly. Sure, I'm just a kid with no clue how to teach or even hold down a professional, responsibility-laden job, but still. Wipe that fake smile and good morning off your face before I slap it off. The last is the worst ever. When I'm one of very few to show up for duty in the morning, he still manages to tell me I'm not doing something correctly, even though I at least showed up, which is more than can be said for most teachers supposedly on duty. Then, he bungles up my write-up forms and manages to blame it on me as well. And he talks like a good-old-boy with a weaselly lisp so that you're never quite sure whether you're being reprimanded or joshed. It's just an interesting (I hate that vague, disgusting word, interesting, but since I'm half brain-dead right now it'll suffice...) facet of teaching I'm discovering in all this. I have the feeling that my administration is one of the best teams out there, and I still try to avoid them at school at all costs. Go figure. It's one of those jobs that has failure written all over it, like minor league baseball pitcher or president of the U.S. Ba-zing! And while I have sympathy for that, I don't really. It's analogous (sp?) to the cop who gives you a speeding ticket. Sure, he's just doing his job and can't be blamed, but dammit, he took that job willingly so he's still responsible for being a jerk. Grrrrr.
And I'm spent. Until next week when more blogs are due, I'm out.
So, this guy is really tired right now on account of he can't seem to sleep at night anymore. You ever go through those spells during which you wake up every hour on the hour at night for no apparent reason for a couple of weeks? I'm totally on auto-pilot right now and should be grading papers, but hell, I could just write about whatever nonsense comes to mind. I win.
Although, nothing is coming to mind right now. Maybe if I just keep typing and typing and typing...
And still nothing. Let me try again...
Well, after several half-assed ideas, I'm settling on an overplayed topic, though it's new territory for me: bitching about my administrators. The principal is the awesomest man in town, but isn't really much of a hands-on sort of guy, so even though he's one of very few colleagues worth talking to, he doesn't really do much for me. This is understandable I suppose, but that means I have to deal with one of the three vice principals. One of them is the hardest working but most robotic man alive. Sure he's buying me new textbooks, but I feel like his neural network overloads whenever I come to him with a discipline problem or really anything that doesn't have to do with textbooks. One of them is the greatest help when it comes to support and discipline, but she treats me so very, very condescendingly. Sure, I'm just a kid with no clue how to teach or even hold down a professional, responsibility-laden job, but still. Wipe that fake smile and good morning off your face before I slap it off. The last is the worst ever. When I'm one of very few to show up for duty in the morning, he still manages to tell me I'm not doing something correctly, even though I at least showed up, which is more than can be said for most teachers supposedly on duty. Then, he bungles up my write-up forms and manages to blame it on me as well. And he talks like a good-old-boy with a weaselly lisp so that you're never quite sure whether you're being reprimanded or joshed. It's just an interesting (I hate that vague, disgusting word, interesting, but since I'm half brain-dead right now it'll suffice...) facet of teaching I'm discovering in all this. I have the feeling that my administration is one of the best teams out there, and I still try to avoid them at school at all costs. Go figure. It's one of those jobs that has failure written all over it, like minor league baseball pitcher or president of the U.S. Ba-zing! And while I have sympathy for that, I don't really. It's analogous (sp?) to the cop who gives you a speeding ticket. Sure, he's just doing his job and can't be blamed, but dammit, he took that job willingly so he's still responsible for being a jerk. Grrrrr.
And I'm spent. Until next week when more blogs are due, I'm out.

1 Comments:
Have you tried Tylenol Simply Sleep? They claim it's not habit forming but I'm not convinced...still, it seems to work like a charm.
Post a Comment
<< Home