Dr. Jones
I'll make this short and sweet since I'm too giddy to be entirely coherent at the moment.
I've just received word that I've been accepted to the Ph.D. in Literature program at Notre Dame. I don't know if I'll receive a better offer elsewhere (I've only heard from 3 of 9 schools to which I've applied so far...), but I can officially announce that within 3-4 years you will all be calling me Dr. Jones because I'll actually be a Doctor Philosophiae (That is, a teacher of philosophy - how sweet sounding is that?) and not because it's funny that I haven't seen the Indiana Jones trilogy.
And how cool would it be to not only be a Double Domer but also witness in person the next 18,000 national championships the Irish will win?
Like I said, I'm not entirely sure this will be my ultimate decision, but damn, there's a good chance it will be.
Holy. Crap. I'm going to go back to crying now.
I've just received word that I've been accepted to the Ph.D. in Literature program at Notre Dame. I don't know if I'll receive a better offer elsewhere (I've only heard from 3 of 9 schools to which I've applied so far...), but I can officially announce that within 3-4 years you will all be calling me Dr. Jones because I'll actually be a Doctor Philosophiae (That is, a teacher of philosophy - how sweet sounding is that?) and not because it's funny that I haven't seen the Indiana Jones trilogy.
And how cool would it be to not only be a Double Domer but also witness in person the next 18,000 national championships the Irish will win?
Like I said, I'm not entirely sure this will be my ultimate decision, but damn, there's a good chance it will be.
Holy. Crap. I'm going to go back to crying now.

5 Comments:
Congratulations sir.
Congrats to the max. When would you do this, you can't leave your poor little underclassmen with no latin education. How will they survive in the Vatican?
If you become Doctor Jones i'm going to pain "I love you" on my eyelids. You'd best get to work on watching those movies.
That's great, Dave! I must say that I am impressed, but not surprised.
-Liz
P.S. - you haven't managed, through your blog, to dissuade me from being a teacher. Keep your fingers crossed that I find a job now...
Since Ammon seems to be commenting on your blog now, I guess I will as well...I was staying on the DL, but now that Ammon's out, I'll comment too. It really is great that you made it into Notre Dame. I don't know where you'll end up, but that seems like a strong possibility, eh?
On a side note, I seem to have been admitted to Dartmouth. An "early write" was waiting for me when I got back from Decathlon.
Oh, and I have only seen one of the Indiana Jones movies...sad, I know.
for shame spencer, we're going to have to remedy that.
xldpnn
why are these stupid word verifications so hard to read?
Post a Comment
<< Home