A Christmas Gift
It’s Christmas time!
Many of my students have thankfully really taken a liking to me, and I’ve received a good deal of Christmas gifts from my students again this year. I love getting stuff; it’s awesome. Most of it is the usual candy-ish type stuff, but one of my guys gave me a set of Marlboro brand coffee mugs. Unfortunately, I do smoke and many of my students know that I smoke, and they’re good about laying low about it, so it makes for some happy/wistful moment like this one. I’ve transcribed the note he wrote me:
To: Mr. Jones
From: -------
This is a little gift to show you my appreciation to you. I believe I’ve seen you drink coffee in the morning, and you always smell like smoke after lunch. Even though they say “Marlboro,” I’m not promoting it, I just wanted to get you a gift you’d appreciate that lets you know I love you (Man-Love)(Football Love)(Tough-Guy Love). Have a merry Christmas!
P.S. I can’t fold gifts.
I really hate the fact that I’ll be remembered as a smoker, though I know it will only be a small part of my legacy. But this is a very touching note and gift, and I’m sure I’ll always remember the story happily in some way even if my feelings are ultimately mixed about it.
Many of my students have thankfully really taken a liking to me, and I’ve received a good deal of Christmas gifts from my students again this year. I love getting stuff; it’s awesome. Most of it is the usual candy-ish type stuff, but one of my guys gave me a set of Marlboro brand coffee mugs. Unfortunately, I do smoke and many of my students know that I smoke, and they’re good about laying low about it, so it makes for some happy/wistful moment like this one. I’ve transcribed the note he wrote me:
To: Mr. Jones
From: -------
This is a little gift to show you my appreciation to you. I believe I’ve seen you drink coffee in the morning, and you always smell like smoke after lunch. Even though they say “Marlboro,” I’m not promoting it, I just wanted to get you a gift you’d appreciate that lets you know I love you (Man-Love)(Football Love)(Tough-Guy Love). Have a merry Christmas!
P.S. I can’t fold gifts.
I really hate the fact that I’ll be remembered as a smoker, though I know it will only be a small part of my legacy. But this is a very touching note and gift, and I’m sure I’ll always remember the story happily in some way even if my feelings are ultimately mixed about it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home