State Champions!
My Quiz Bowl team won the state championship at Mississippi State on March 24th. We're now representing the state at the national competition on May 26 in Chicago. We had two students, Spencer Bowley and Zach Yoder, who placed second and tenth respectively for individual high scores. This club is awesome. Ben, I've got a short write-up about the event and plenty of pictures available, let me know if you'd like to use any for Teacher Corps purposes
So in addition to organizing my field trip to the Pompeii exhibit in Mobile, Civil Rights club activities including a field trip to Atlanta, regular school duties that include four preps and the upcoming AP Latin exam, and preparing my professional portfolio all in the next month, I now have to find the funds to take our students to Chicago even as I prepare for my new life as a doctoral candidate at Notre Dame. I couldn't have a more bittersweet feeling about leaving - at least I'm going out with a bang.
Photos from our state championship team can be found here:
http://nd.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2078106&l=08905&id=5601686
So in addition to organizing my field trip to the Pompeii exhibit in Mobile, Civil Rights club activities including a field trip to Atlanta, regular school duties that include four preps and the upcoming AP Latin exam, and preparing my professional portfolio all in the next month, I now have to find the funds to take our students to Chicago even as I prepare for my new life as a doctoral candidate at Notre Dame. I couldn't have a more bittersweet feeling about leaving - at least I'm going out with a bang.
Photos from our state championship team can be found here:
http://nd.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2078106&l=08905&id=5601686

2 Comments:
This post wants a comment.
Next year we're both going to be college students. How weird is that? Kinda erodes the whole teacher-student relationship thing going on. Therefore, i suggest we watch the Indiana Jones movies.
psh, whatever. you only wish you were cool enough to be mormon.
Post a Comment
<< Home